Sunday, August 24, 2008

Nice article about Maine Beer

George Smith at the Morning Sentinel in Waterville had a pretty good writeup about Maine beers. Apparently his son has a beer blog and introduced his father to good beer.

My only criticism of the story is his criticism of Dieu du Ciel's Peche Mortel, their amazing imperial stout. My girlfriend and I had never heard of it until we wandered into their Brewpub in Montreal in March of this year. We got to talking with a fellow American beer tourist, and he bought us a round of the Peche Mortel so we could try it. Even after sampling 5 other brewpubs that night, we could tell this was something special. I didn't take down any notes, but there are coffee flavors and, damn. I do remember it was great.

Anyway, it's always nice to see Maine beer getting attention. He has some interesting info about brewing during prohibition. I'm going to find out where he got the info and see if there's more.

No comments: