Sunday, August 3, 2008

Here we go.

I've been wanting to do this for months, and now it's finally started. I get to write the kind of beer blog I like to read, and exercise my atrophied writing muscles while I'm at it. My name is Tony. I'm 25 and I live in Auburn. I've only been into craft beer for a few years, but for 1 1/2 of those I've been home brewing. I have sterling, cascade and nugget hops growing in my backyard. I don't drink much Belgian beer, except for special occasions with my girlfriend, Pattie, where we drink it like wine.

The craft of brewing excites me, and I've made some stuff I'm pretty proud of. I'll be writing about my own beer, but mostly I'll be writing about Maine breweries. I've had some great experiences with Maine beers, like going to the Sheepscot Valley brewery in Whitefield, and I hope this blog encourages me to seek out more beer adventures in the future.

No comments: